BSCR attorneys have experience counseling and representing local, national, and international clients in the broad range of issues encountered by those in the art, entertainment and fashion industries.
Our attorneys represent individuals, and companies of all sizes, from the independent entrepreneur to the Fortune 500 Company, from the fashion designer to the apparel manufacturer and retailer, from the independent musician to the record company, and from the commercial art gallery to the non-profit museum.
Specifically, our attorneys counsel and represent clients in the following areas:
- Business formation and structuring
- Contracts and agreements (distribution, employment, endorsement, leasing, licensing, marketing, merchandising, non-compete/disclosure, royalty, trade secret and more)
- Trademark, copyright, and patent infringement litigation
- Employee benefits, executive compensation, and workplace policies
- Import, export and customs
- Labor and employment
- Litigation, alternative dispute resolution and appeals
- Royalty collection
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Trademark and copyright registration, monitoring, enforcement and defense
Additionally, our attorneys volunteer and are otherwise involved in organizations supporting the art, entertainment and fashion industries, such as the Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts, St. Louis Fashion Fund, Arts KC, and National Bluegrass Organization.
For more information about the services we provide to the Art, Entertainment & Fashion industries contact John Patterson in Kansas City at 816.471.2121 or Jacqueline Gebhardt in St. Louis at 314.231.2925.