Bob Sears litigates on behalf of clients in federal and state courts in complex civil matters. His primary focus is on the representation of individuals and businesses in the Court of Federal Claims in Washington, D.C. seeking compensation from the United States when private land is taken for public use. He served as Missouri’s Antitrust Counsel responsible for investigating and litigating antitrust cases and merger reviews on behalf of consumers and state agencies.
Memberships & Activities
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Co-Author, Where Did Aspen Go?: How Courts are Dealing with Refusals to Deal Since Trinko, The St. Louis Bar Journal, Winter 2007.
- Antitrust Fundamentals presentation to Association of Corporate Counsel
- Numerous CLE presentations for the Missouri Bar and the Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
Awards & Recognition
- Order of the Woolsack.
- Three time Academic Achievement Award recipient (given for highest score in class).
- Business Associations
- Mergers and Acquisitions/EEC Law
- Regulation of Foreign Trade
- International Law Certificate.
- Jessup International Law Moot Court - advanced to world competition.
- City Council, Kirkwood, Missouri (2010-2014, 2014-2018)
- Rotarian Club President (2017-2018)