Intrinsic to Josh Davis’ practice is the value he places on client service. A skill not readily taught in law school or at many other companies, Josh learned early on that being a good lawyer is directly connected to providing outstanding client service. This focus on client-first service starts with listening to a client’s specific problem, coordinating a solution together, and maintaining that ever critical communication component throughout the representation.
Josh routinely works on defense cases, with nearly all of his cases rooted in insurance litigation, including third party defense, first party litigation, and insurance coverage. Clients entrust Josh with work in both personal and commercial lines dealing with property, casualty, and liability matters. In this defense practice, Josh routinely represents clients in catastrophic injury and property cases.
Accident scene management and inspection, handling expert retention and analysis, and the related litigation tasks from inception through trial are all tasks Josh handles as part of his current litigation practice. In addition, he prides himself on early case assessment and constant communication to provide all clients a detailed evaluation of potential exposure, coupled with recommendations for future handling and strategies for resolution as soon as possible. Drawing from actual trial experience as both lead trial attorney and as second chair, Josh is able to provide a comprehensive set of litigation skills, aggressively representing client interests while balancing the client’s financial realities and unique business interests.
In addition to serving his clients zealously, Josh has been selected by his peers and Super Lawyers Missouri & Kansas as a “Rising Star” among Missouri lawyers since 2013, an honor given to only 2.5% of all practicing attorneys in Missouri and Kansas who have been practicing for less than 10 years or who are under the age of 40. He is also a member of the Transportation Lawyers Association.
- Art, Entertainment & Fashion
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Southern District of Illinois
- USDC, Eastern District of Arkansas
- St. Louis University School of Law, Juris Doctorate, 2006
- Truman State University, Bachelor of Science, 2003
Memberships & Activities
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Co-Author: You Get What You Asked For and That’s a Cold Hard Fact: The Continued Erosion of Arbitration Clauses, The Transportation Lawyer Journal, Vol. 20, No. 4 (February 2019)
- Practical Professionalist: Ethics, Standards and Civility, CLM (February 2020)
- Social Host Liability Wrongful Death Claim, PLRB Large Loss Conference (November 2019)
- Cyber Investigation Challenges, PLRB Regional Adjusters Conferences (Central and Eastern) (September/October 2019)
- Structured Settlements, CLM (November 2018)
- Eek! We’ve Been Hacked: First-Party Data Breach Response, PLRB Large Loss Conference (November 2018)
- Agricultural Liability Claims: A Coverage Primer, PLRB Regional Adjusters Conferences (Central and Eastern) (September/October 2018)
- Negotiation Strategies for Claims Professionals, CLM (August 2018)
- Fundamentals of a Medical Malpractice Lawsuit and Legislative Update, MSMA (April 2017, 2018)
- Evaluating Additional Insured Coverage and Contractual Indemnity Issues, CLM (April 2018)
- Fraudulent Claims: Identification, Investigation and Litigation, CLM (September 2017)
- Latent Defects & Exposure Claims: Special Topics, PLRB, Regional Adjusters Conferences (2017)
- Case Assessment and Evaluation, CLM (June 2016)
- Negotiation Strategies for Claims Professionals (CLM, June 2015)
- Introduction to Product Liability Claims, CLM (March 2015)
- Basics of Handling An Auto Accident Case – Part II: Understanding Insurance Issues and Coverage, Missouri Bar Association CLE (March 2013, 2014)
- Maximizing Recovery by Understanding Legally Recoverable Damages, 7th Annual Property Subrogation Strategies Summit (April 2010)
- Overcoming Subrogation Roadblocks: Changing Courses When Unexpected Hurdles Arise, 6th Annual Property Subrogation Strategies Summit (April 2009)
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2013-2017.
- Peter & Paul Community Services (Board of Directors, 2008-2017)