BSCR attorneys have extensive experience representing clients in all aspects of employment and labor law. We have successfully defended numerous discrimination and other employment litigation matters and resolved many through successful motions for summary judgment. We represent our clients in court, before administrative agencies such as the EEOC and NLRB, and in arbitration. In addition to representing Fortune 100 companies, mid-sized and small businesses, we also represent individuals, public and government employers throughout the United States.
We know how to try cases, but we also know how to advise our clients on how best to avoid litigation through sound business practices. Our clients come from a number of business industries, including aerospace, automotive, energy services, consumer products, construction, food and beverage, healthcare, human resources, information technology, retail, and telecommunications.
The types of matters we have handled include:
- Employment discrimination claims
- Wage and hour disputes
- Workplace harassment claims
- Retaliation claims
- Whistle-blower litigation and other wrongful discharge claims
- Disputes over non-compete agreements, and confidentiality/ trade secrets agreements
- Disability, family and medical leave claims
- Defamation, intentional infliction of emotional distress, fraud, tortious interference, invasion of privacy and negligent hiring and/or supervision claims
- Representing employers before the EEOC and state fair employment practices agencies
- ERISA litigation
- Service letter issues
- Representing employers in unfair labor practice and other NLRB matters, and in arbitrations
- Separation Agreements
- HIPAA and other workplace privacy issues
In addition, we know how to navigate the complex maze of state and federal statutes and regulations involving employment matters. Our attorneys have advised employers in crafting personnel policies, including the drafting of employee handbooks and on creating policies related to hiring and termination of employees. We also provide advice and on-site seminars about conducting employee investigations, handling terminations and minimizing the risks of litigation.
We are leaders in ALFA International’s Employment and Labor practice group. In addition, attorneys in our practice group have lectured on employment law matters before judicial and bar groups, and have published articles in professional journals.
For more information about our Employment & Labor practice contact Executive Committee Member John W. Cowden at 816.448.9347.