Martha Charepoo is a trial lawyer providing clients with strategic results-oriented representation locally and nationally, supported by knowledge of cutting-edge courtroom technology. Martha focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation in areas such as breach of contract, fraud and unfair trade practices, insurance coverage, subrogation, insurance bad faith litigation, product liability defense, consumer class actions, real estate disputes, and general liability.
Martha handles cases in state and federal courts nationwide from inception through settlement, trial, or other resolution. She works closely with clients to ensure that cases are handled efficiently and cost-effectively and, when appropriate, develops business strategies to reduce the risk of future litigation.
Prior to joining the firm, Martha spent several years with an Am Law 200 firm handling national-scale litigation of complex business issues and product liability claims in the manufacturing, transportation, and health care industries.
Martha is the author of two volumes of the Missouri Practice, Civil Rules Practice, providing commentary on Rules 41-76 of the Missouri Rules of Civil Procedure.
Martha is Chairman of the firm’s Diversity & Inclusion Committee and a 2019 Fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity. She is a recipient of the Missouri Lawyers Media Diversity and Inclusion Award (2019).
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Central District of Illinois
- USDC, Northern District of Illinois
- USDC, Southern District of Illinois
- USDC, District of Colorado
- USDC, Western District of Michigan
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- University of Iowa, J.D., 1997
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A., cum laude, 1991
Memberships & Activities
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Illinois Bar Association
- Missouri Asian American Bar Association
- Mentor Program (Mentor), 2018-2019
- Missouri Bar Association
- Committee on Diversity
- Financial Services Committee
- Insurance Law Committee
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Mortgage Bankers Association
- St. Louis Agri-Business Club
- Author, Missouri Practice Series, Civil Rules Practice, 2d and 4th (Vol. 16, Rules 56 to 76, Cumulative Supplement), 2017-2018.
- Author, Missouri Practice Series, Civil Rules Practice, 2d and 4th (Vol. 16, Rules 56 to 76, Cumulative Supplement), 2016-2017.
- Author, Missouri Practice Series, Civil Rules Practice, 2d and 4th (Vol. 16, Rules 56 to 76, Main Volume), 2016-2017.
- Author, Missouri Practice Series, Civil Rules Practice, 2d and 4th (Vol. 16, Rules 56 to 76, Cumulative Supplement), 2015-2016.
- Co-Author, “Compendium of Reported Post-Aerospatiale Cases Citing the Hague Convention (June 1987-July 2003),” American Bar Association, Section of International Law and Practice, International Litigation Committee (2004).
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri Lawyers Media Diversity and Inclusion Award, 2019
- Legal Aid of Missouri, Volunteer Lawyers Program
- St. Louis Volunteer Lawyers & Accountants for the Arts
- Eastern District of Missouri Pro Bono Volunteer Lawyer Panel
News & Events
Kingsland Investments, L.P. v. Schaefer Group, Inc.349 S.W.3d 380 (E.D. Mo. 2011)
Emerson Elec. Co. v. RogersLexis 9053 (E.D. Mo. 2006)
Utica Mut. Ins. Co. v. BancInsure, Inc.,Lexis 71164 (E.D.Mo. 2007)