Jon Benevides dedicates his practice to the defense of corporate clients in the areas of transportation, products liability, premises liability, employment/labor, consumer protection, and commercial litigation. His experience extends to various industries, including trucking, retail, manufacturing, hospitality, construction, aerospace, insurance and pharmaceutical and medical device.
Jon has defended numerous Fortune 500 companies in all phases of litigation from the initial investigation, coordination and execution of strategy, to bringing cases to successful resolution, either through mediation or trial.
He has both taken and defended hundreds of expert, corporate representative and fact witness depositions. He also has First and Second Chair trial experience and has served as sole counsel at trials in the successful defense of corporate clients in the state and federal courts of Kansas and Missouri.
He also represents employers before the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) in union representation proceedings and unfair labor practice proceedings. He also advises executives, managers and supervisors on union awareness and positive employee relations, and assists employers in connection with union card-signing efforts, traditional union representation and corporate campaigns.
Jon received his Juris Doctor from the University of Kansas School of Law where he was an Articles Editor of the Kansas Journal of Law and Public Policy. Named to the Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer’s Rising Star list 2014-present, Jon has also served as an adjunct instructor at a local college on business law.
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
- Recreational Transportation
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, District of Kansas
- University of Kansas School of Law, J.D, 2009
- Articles Editor, Kansas Journal of Law & Public Policy
- University of Kansas School of Law Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Rockhurst University, B.S. (Business Management), summa cum laude, 2005
- Dean’s Honor Roll
- Beta Gamma Sigma- International Business Honor Society
Memberships & Activities
- ALFA International
- Defense Research Institute
- Employment & Labor Law Committee
- Federation of Defense and Corporate Counsel
- IADC Trial Academy Graduate (2016)
- Kansas Bar
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Missouri Bar
- Co-Author, ALFA International Compendium, Transportation Law, Kansas and Missouri Sections (2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018)
- Co-Author, ALFA International Compendium, Workers' Compensation Law, Kansas Section (2010, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018)
- Co-Author, ALFA International Compendium, Hospitality Law, Kansas Section (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Co-Author, ALFA International Compendium, Hospitality Law, Missouri Section (2016)
- Co-Author, ALFA International Program Materials, Transportation Practice Group Regional Seminar: Sleep Apnea (2016)
- Co-Author, ALFA International Program Materials, Transportation Practice Group Seminar: Preventability Versus Non-Preventability Determinations - Resolving the Tension Between Safety and Legal (2013)
- ALFA International, Transportation Practice Group Regional Seminar: Sleep Apnea (2016).
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2014-present.