Malika Baker focuses her practice on civil defense litigation, with an emphasis in product liability defense and commercial litigation.
Malika’s experience as an NCAA Academic All-American and team captain on the University of Kansas cross country and track and field teams influenced her approach to matters as a law student and now in practice—recognizing the strength of discipline, hard work, and an appreciation for diversity.
At KU Law, she served as the Vice President of the Black Law Students Association, and a member of the Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council and Women in Law. Furthermore, she distinguished herself through advocacy as a member of the Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court team and a recipient of the W. Ross Hutton Award for best overall performance as a legal intern at the Douglas County Legal Aid Society.While in law school, Malika also served as a legal intern for the Honorable Judge Steve Leben of the Kansas Court of Appeals and a summer associate at our firm.
Memberships & Activities
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Awards & Recognition
- Academic Honors & Activities
- W. Ross Hutton Award (for best overall performance as a legal intern at the Douglas County Legal Aid Society)
- KU Law Advocacy Skills Certificate