Malika Baker focuses her practice on civil defense litigation, with an emphasis in product liability defense and commercial litigation.
Malika’s experience as an NCAA Academic All-American and team captain on the University of Kansas cross country and track and field teams influenced her approach to matters as a law student and now in practice—recognizing the strength of discipline, hard work, and diversity.
At KU Law, she served as the Vice President of the Black Law Students Association, and a member of the Dean’s Diversity Leadership Council and Women in Law. Furthermore, she distinguished herself through advocacy as a member of the Phillip C. Jessup Moot Court team and a recipient of the W. Ross Hutton Award for best overall performance as a legal intern at the Douglas County Legal Aid Society.While in law school, Malika also served as a legal intern for the Honorable Steve Leben of the Kansas Court of Appeals and a summer associate at our firm.
Memberships & Activities
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Vice Chair of Membership/New Lawyers Committee, Young Lawyers Section
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Awards & Recognition
- Academic Honors & Activities
- W. Ross Hutton Award - best overall performance as a legal intern at the Douglas County Legal Aid Society
- KU Law Advocacy Skills Certificate