Kyra H. Short is an associate in the firm’s St. Louis office practicing in the area of personal injury defense.
Prior to joining the firm, Kyra was a criminal prosecutor in the City of St. Louis, where she gained valuable first-chair jury trial experience representing the State of Missouri.
Kyra graduated from the Saint Louis University School of Law in 2016. During law school, Kyra interned in the Civil Division of the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of Illinois. During her internship, she successfully assisted in winning a favorable verdict for the United States as second-chair to an Assistant United States Attorney in an employment discrimination suit against the U.S. Army.Kyra earned her Master of Arts in Legal Studies, Honors, from Webster University in 2011. Kyra earned her undergraduate degree in Business Administration with a concentration in Finance, magna cum laude, from Saint Louis University in 2009.
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D. Criminal Litigation Skills, 2016
- Webster University, M.A. Legal Studies, Honors, 2011
- Saint Louis University, B.S. Business Administration/ Finance, magna cum laude, 2009
Memberships & Activities
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers (MODL)
Awards & Recognition
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100, 2020-present
- Law School Honors
- Everett Hullverson Award for Excellence in Trial Advocacy (2016)
- Samuel I. Sievers Writing Excellence Award (2016)
- Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition National Quarterfinalist (2016)
- Academic Excellence Award for 3rd Place – 2016 Regional Thurgood Marshall Mock Trial Competition (2016)
- Academic Excellence Award for Seminar: Critical Race Theory (2015)
- Academic Excellence Award for Legal Research and Writing I (2013)