Ashtyn Kean’s practice is devoted to the defense of physicians, nurses, hospitals, extended care facilities and other healthcare professionals in medical malpractice litigation.
Ashtyn graduated with her Juris Doctor from Saint Louis University School of Law with a concentration in Health Law. During law school, she worked at a small plaintiff’s personal injury and medical malpractice firm, and also served as a legal extern to Magistrate Judge David Noce, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Missouri. Following law school, she practiced at a large civil litigation defense firm with a focus on medical malpractice.Ashtyn is passionate about defending those healthcare professionals against whom lawsuits are brought and enjoys the unique challenges that medical malpractice litigation presents.
Memberships & Activities
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Contributor, Health Care Ethics USA, "Of Note" (Spring 2016)
- Student Presenter, Pregnant Mothers and Marijuana: The Need for a Multi-Dimensional Legal Approach, Fourth Annual Health Care Ethics Research Conference (2017)
Awards & Recognition
- Law School Honors
- Journal of Health Law and Policy: Staff Editor (2015-2016); Lead Editor (2016-2017)
- Academic Excellence Award (Highest Grade in Class): Health Care Law (Summer 2015); Health Care Quality (Spring 2016)
- Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court: Pupil member (2016-2017)
- Gymnastics Coach (Volunteer)