Jessica Cozart’s practice focuses on property and casualty litigation, insurance coverage and insurance defense involving claims of personal injury, premise and products liability, construction defects, food & beverage liability and entertainment & leisure liability.
Jessica has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including the initial investigation, claim analysis and strategy development, expert retention and successful resolution, whether that be settlement or trial. Jessica believes in early case assessment and open and constant client communication.
Jessica worked in New Orleans, Louisiana following Hurricane Katrina and handled many first and third-party insurance claims including those with complex coverage issues. After returning home to Missouri, Jessica continued her insurance defense practice and has successfully authored several briefs and argued before the Missouri Court of Appeals, Eastern District.Jessica likes to spend her free time with her husband and two sons, Cooper and Jack.
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Southern District of Illinois
- Mississippi College School of Law, J.D., 2008
- Lindenwood University, B.A., 2005
Memberships & Activities
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Defense Research Institute
- Greater St. Louis Claims Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Co-Author: "Employer Return-to-Work and Vaccine Mandates: Just Because You Can Doesn't Mean You Should", DRI Sharing Success Vol. 11, Issue 1 (October 2021)