Betsy Miller focuses her practice in civil defense litigation with an emphasis in the areas of personal injury, products liability, and class action and multidistrict (MDL) litigation. Betsy handles all phases of legal disputes, from initial fact investigation to ultimate conclusion. She prides herself on providing a steady stream of communication with her clients.
Betsy has experience representing clients in cases involving fire liability, government and municipal liability, and wrongful death. She has successfully represented individuals and a variety of professionals, as well as national corporations in a range of industries.
Betsy is a proud native of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law where she was a Comment Editor for The Urban Lawyer, a member of the UMKC Law Review, and served in leadership roles, including as President of the Student Bar Association and as a Member of the UMKC Law Foundation.
While in law school, Betsy clerked for two local law firms where she assisted in four Kansas federal trials and was a member of a legal team representing hundreds of U.S. corn farmers in a class action suit.
- Food & Beverage
- Hospitality & Leisure
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
- Recreational Transportation
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Kansas, B.A., 2011
Memberships & Activities
- Defense Research Institute
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Centurions Leadership Program (2020-2022)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Learning Club of KCK (Tutor Volunteer)
- After the Harvest (Gleaning Volunteer)