Betsy Miller focuses her practice in civil litigation with an emphasis in the areas of employment discrimination, personal injury, and products liability. She is also an active member of the firm’s multidistrict (MDL) litigation team. Betsy handles all phases of legal disputes, from initial fact investigation to ultimate conclusion. She prides herself on providing a steady stream of communication with her clients.
Betsy has direct experience representing clients in cases involving fire, municipal, and wrongful death liability. She has successfully represented individuals and a variety of professionals, as well as national corporations in a range of industries.
Betsy is a proud native of Wyandotte County and Kansas City, Kansas. She received her Juris Doctor from the University of Missouri – Kansas City School of Law where she was a Comment Editor for The Urban Lawyer, a member of the UMKC Law Review, and served in leadership roles, including as President of the Student Bar Association and as a Member of the UMKC Law Foundation. While in law school, Betsy clerked for two local law firms where she assisted in four Kansas federal trials and was a member of a legal team representing hundreds of U.S. corn farmers in a class action suit.
Betsy dedicates a significant portion of her time to pro bono representation of indigent clients and community volunteer work in the greater Kansas City area. Betsy also serves as a Centurion for the Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce and as a Director of the North Kansas City Destination Developers Community Improvement District.
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- University of Missouri - Kansas City School of Law, J.D., 2017
- University of Kansas, B.A., 2011
Memberships & Activities
- Defense Research Institute
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Greater Kansas City Chamber of Commerce
- Centurions Leadership Program (2020-2022)
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- After the Harvest (Gleaning Volunteer)
- Garfield Elementary (Reading Buddy)
- North Kansas City Destination Developers Community Improvement District (Board of Directors)