Teresa Hurla’s practice is focused on civil defense litigation, with an emphasis in the areas of products liability and personal injury.
As a former Division I student-athlete, Teresa’s work ethic, discipline, and competitive spirit translate well to law. She values relationships and enjoys strategizing to help clients find solutions to complex legal issues.
Teresa received her Juris Doctor from Washburn University School of Law where she competed as a member of the Texas Young Lawyers Association trial team and the school’s voir dire competition team. She also served as a structured study group leader for first semester students.
In her free time, Teresa enjoys running, traveling, attending sporting events, and spending time outside with her husband and their dog, Halpert.
- Food & Beverage
- Pharmaceutical & Medical Device
- Recreational Transportation
- USDC, District of Kansas
- Washburn University School of Law, J.D., Dean's Honors, 2018
- Order of Barristers
- Texas Young Lawyers Association National Trial Competition Team
- Voir Dire Competition Team
- Structured Study Group Leader
- University of Northern Iowa, B.A. Public Relations, cum laude, 2015
- Varsity Soccer Team
- UNI Dance Marathon 2014, Assistant Director of Public Relations
Memberships & Activities
- Defense Research Institute
- Young Lawyers Committee
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
Awards & Recognition
- Max Rowinsky Award for Outstanding Student in Trial Advocacy Class, 2018