John Kellogg practices in the areas of commercial litigation, premises liability, construction law, and personal injury, with an emphasis on defending insurance coverage, vexatious refusal to pay, and bad faith disputes on behalf of insurance carriers. He has also successfully prosecuted a variety of declaratory judgment actions on behalf of his clients.
John has experience in all phases of litigation from discovery to appeals and has obtained defense verdicts in first and second chair trial capacities in both Missouri and Kansas courts.
John regularly gives presentations for the Missouri Bar on third-party bad faith and related issues.Prior to law school, John worked as an auditor for a national accounting firm.
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, District of Kansas
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Tenth Circuit
- Washington University School of Law, J.D., 1997
- Washington University College of Arts & Sciences, B.A., 1992
Memberships & Activities
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- Defense Research Institute
- Insurance Law Committee
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Prosecuting and Defending the Bad Faith Case A to Z, Thomson Reuters (January 2015)
- Third-Party Bad Faith, The Missouri Bar (2012 – 2018)
Awards & Recognition
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars (Insurance Coverage), 2008-2009