The Honorable Michael David is a former Circuit Judge of the 22nd Judicial Circuit in Missouri with more than forty years of experience. Judge David offers mediation services spanning all areas of dispute. This work is an extension of his years of courtroom experience, as well as his interest in promoting the benefits of alternative dispute resolution.
Prior to his appointment to the bench, Judge David tried numerous jury trials during his time as an assistant public defender and, later, while in private practice. At the same time he was practicing with his firm, he also served as a member of the Missouri House of Representatives. While in the House, Judge David served on various committees and chaired the House Committee on Municipal Corporations. In 1989, during his fourth term in office, he was appointed by the Governor to be an Associate Circuit Judge, and then a Circuit Judge less than four years later. Judge David presided over many of the Circuit’s lengthy and more complex cases and served as the Circuit’s Presiding Judge from 2003-2004 after serving as the President of Missouri’s Circuit Judge’s Association (2000-2001).
Since re-entering private practice, the breadth and depth of Judge David’s experience has given him a unique perspective in his current work as a mediator, arbitrator, special master and trial consultant.
- Saint Louis University, JD, 1977
- National Judicial College, University of Nevado-Reno, 1990, 1991, 2004
- Courses in General Jurisdiction (2) and Mediation techniques (1)
- University of Missouri-St. Louis, B.S., Business Administration, magna cum laude, 1973
Memberships & Activities
- Missouri Bar
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Missouri Circuit Judges Association
- Secretary-Treasurer 1998-99
- President 1999-2000
- Missouri House of Representatives, 1983-1989
- Municipal Coporations Committee, Chair
- Judiciary Committee, Member
- Banks & Financial Institutions, Member
- Commerce Committee, Member
- Civil & Criminal Justice Committee, Member
- “To Win Equality by Law: Brown v. Board at 50”, St. Louis Daily Record, May 1, 2004, pp. 3 & 10.
- "Judicial Independence: Our Freedom Depends on It”, St. Louis Daily Record, May 1, 2003, p. 5.
- Qualified Neutral, State of Missouri 21st and 22nd Judicial Circuit
- The Theodore McMillian Inns of Court (Master)
- Fox Park Neighborhood Association (Member)
- Project Angel Tree (Annual Participant)