Amy Schwent focuses her practice on advising corporate clients and defending their interests in cases involving premises liability, product liability, toxic tort and personal injury. Her extensive experience both in private practice and as in-house corporate counsel is a unique asset that has helped serve her clients. She is sensitive to balancing the day-to-day challenges her clients face, with defending their interests in litigation.
Amy has worked with both self-insured clients and insurance companies throughout her career. As a litigation attorney, she has defended clients in a variety of industries, including transportation, manufacturing, insurance, waste and environmental services, utility and gaming. She has experience handling all aspects of litigation, including the initial investigation, pleadings, discovery, dispositive motions and the successful resolution of cases through settlements, mediations and trials.
During her time as Corporate Counsel for an insurance company that provides life, fire, accident and health insurance across the United States, Amy enhanced her client counseling and risk assessment skills. She provided legal counsel to the company’s Executive Committee members and managers in claims, underwriting, agency, human resources, tax, accounting, real estate and procurement. She managed litigation across the United States and handled complex claim negotiations, contract drafting and review, employment issues and regulatory compliance matters.
- University of Missouri-Columbia, J.D., 2002
- Merit Scholarship Recipient
- Phi Alpha Delta Legal Fraternity, Vice Justice
- University of Missouri-Columbia, B.A., Communication, cum laude, 1999
Memberships & Activities
- Missouri Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Ross T. Roberts American Inn of Court
- Defense Research Institute
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- United Way- Women’s Leadership Society
- Street Law-Corporate Legal Diversity Pipeline Program