John Mahon is a trial lawyer who has earned the respect of his clients and colleagues as a skilled and knowledgeable attorney, primarily concentrating on defending medical negligence, product liability and other personal injury lawsuits, as well as insurance coverage and litigation matters. John is valued for his work ethic and thoughtful approaches to problem-solving.
John is active in local and national bar associations and regularly lectures to nursing students on legal issues.
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Southern District of Illinois
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2004
- Editor, Saint Louis University Law Journal
- Boston College, B.A., magna cum laude, 2001
- King’s College, University of London, England, 1999
Memberships & Activities
- The Theodore McMillian American Inn of Court at Saint Louis University School of Law
- Barrister (2014 – 2017)
- The Lawyers Association of St. Louis
- Executive Committee (2009 – 2013)
- St. Louis Association of Healthcare Risk Managers
- Defense Research Institute
- St. Louis County Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Speaker, "Fundamentals of a Medical Malpractice Case" Missouri State Medical Association Annual Convention, with Josh Davis and Nate Leming (March 2018)
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Health Care Providers,” Student Nurse Association, St. Louis Community College-Forest Park campus (August 2018, April 2017, September 2015, September 2014)
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Health Care Providers,” Fundamentals of Nursing, St. Louis Community College-Meramec Campus (November 2014)
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Health Care Providers,” Practical Nursing/Respiratory Therapy Programs, St. Louis College of Health Careers (November 2017, November 2014, May 2014, October 2013)
- Speaker, “Legal Issues for Nurses,” Trends Nursing Program, Jefferson College School of Health Professionals (April 2012)
- Speaker, "Construction Fraud," Associated General Contractors of St. Louis Fraud Detection Prevention Seminar (July 2010)
- Speaker, “They Took What? Information Employers Need to Know About Computer Tampering Laws,” CLE Presentation for client (June 2009)
Awards & Recognition
- Selected for inclusion in Best Lawyers® in America, St. Louis Metropolitan Area
- Product Liability Litigation - Defendants (2016-present)
- Insurance Law (2018-present)
- Personal Injury Litigation - Defendants (2019)
- AV® Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell, Medical Malpractice and Personal Injury.
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® Rising Stars list, 2010-present.
- Missouri Lawyers Weekly Up & Coming award recipient, 2011.
- Recognized by Missouri Lawyers Weekly as receiving a “Top Plaintiff Verdict/Settlement” in 2009 and a “Top Defense Verdict/Settlement” in 2007 and 2018.
- Received recognition as Best Oral Advocate, Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis Young Lawyers’ Division Inaugural Trial Advocacy Competition, February 2007.
- St. Louis College of Health Careers (Advisory Board)
- Saint Louis Art Museum (Young Friends Steering Committee)
- Saint Louis University High School (Alumni Board)