Melesa graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law at Columbia in 2014. During law school, she was an Associate Editor of the Missouri Law Review, Judging Director for the Board of Advocates, Research Assistant, and Parliamentarian of the Black Law Student’s Association. She also served as an intern clerk for The Honorable Judge George Draper III of the Missouri Supreme Court and as an Environmental Law Intern with the Missouri Attorney General’s Office.
Melesa earned her undergraduate degree in Political Science and African American Studies from Columbia University in the City of New York in 2011.
Memberships & Activities
- Jackson County Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Kansas City Liquor Control Review Board Member
- Jackson County Community Backed Anti-Drug Sales Tax (COMBAT) Drug Commission, District 2 Member
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.