With more than 20 years experience as a trial attorney, Larry Pratt has litigated numerous claims in the areas of construction defects, product liability, personal injury, premises liability, errors and omissions and contracts in the state and federal courts of Illinois, Missouri and Kansas.
Larry's focus is in claims arising in the commercial and residential construction industry; commercial property operations and management; commercial fleet operations; construction contracts; as well as commercial and residential real estate purchase and sale agreements.
Additionally, Larry has extensive experience dealing with issues arising from the installation, maintenance and operation of escalators, mobile walkways and both traction and hydraulic elevators.
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eighth Circuit
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Southern District of Illinois
- USDC, Northern District of Illinois
- Washington University in St. Louis, J.D
- Emphasis on the legal systems of the Federal Republic of Germany, the People’s Republic of China and the Empire of Japan.
- Brigham Young University, B.A., International Relations
- Emphasis on the language and cultures of the Federal Republic of Germany, the German Democratic Republic, the Helvetian Republic and the Republic of Austria.
Memberships & Activities
- Claims and Litigation Management Alliance
- International Risk Management Institute
- Defense Research Institute
- Construction and Products Liability Sections
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Construction Law Committee, Federal Litigation and Practice Section and Trial Section
- Missouri Bar Association
- Construction, Transportation, Tort, Civil Procedure and Minority Issues Committees
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- "What Happens When Your Insurer Goes 'Belly Up'!" Midwest ln-House, Oct. 2004.
- "Driver Sues Rental Car Firm. 2 Insurance Firms: Phantom truck blamed for accident." Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Sept. 2005.
- "Elevator company found not liable for woman's fall." Missouri Lawyers Weekly, October 8, 2007.
- "Top Defense Verdicts of 2007." Missouri Lawyers Weekly, Vol. 22, No.4, January 2008.
- The Successful Subrogation Claim
- "Something More" Doctrine and Co-Employee Liability in Missouri.
- Kotecki v. Cyclops Welding Corp.: When Employers in Illinois Get Sued for Workplace Injuries.
- Medicare is Coming to Your Neighborhood-The SCHIP Extension Act of 2007.
- Technology at the Bedside: Electronic Health Records-Asset or Liability?
- Dealing with Destruction: Spoliation of Evidence in Missouri.
- Settling Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims in Missouri. Wrap Up Programs in Missouri.
- Federal Trade Commission's Red Flag Rules.
- Shaw Neighborhood Improvement Association (Member at Large)
- Cahokia Mounds World Heritage Site (Volunteer)
News & Events
State ex rel. Union Elec. Co. v. Dolan256 S.W.3d 77 (Mo. banc 2008)