Paul S. Penticuff has over 20 years of experience trying cases in both state and federal courts throughout the country. His practice emphasizes product liability, complex litigation (including MDL and Class Actions) and highly regulated industries such as pharmaceuticals, medical devices and aviation. He also practices in the fields of commercial litigation, intellectual property, and property rights.
Paul serves as national trial counsel for a large medical device company and handles claims, lawsuits, recalls, business disputes, contract negotiation and regulatory matters from start to finish. He has coordinated electronic document production and expert witness development for claims in the U.S., U.K., E.U. and Australia. Paul has been admitted pro hac vice in dozens of state and federal courts as part of his national practice.
Paul is a dynamic speaker and has made presentations to business groups and clients regarding the importance of properly preparing employees and management for depositions and court appearances. He has successfully steered multi-million dollar claims to advantageous outcomes via dismissal, mediation and verdict. He is active on the board of a national defense lawyer organization for the recruitment of new members and is a regular speaker at local bar association panels regarding tort reform legislation and its impact and evolution regarding product liability matters.
- USDC, Western District of Missouri
- USDC, Eastern District of Missouri
- USDC, Eastern District of Arkansas
- USDC, Western District of Arkansas
- USDC, District of Kansas
- University of Missouri - Columbia School of Law, JD, 1993
- Note and Comment Editor
- Missouri Law Review
- Order of the Barristers
- Board of Advocates
- Teaching Assistant, Legal Research & Writing
- Southwest Baptist University, BS (History/Political Science), summa cum laude, 1990
- Alpha Chi National Honor Society, Vice-President
Memberships & Activities
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- Product Liability Committee (Pharmaceuticals and Medical Device Sub-Committees)
- Privacy and Data Security Committee
- State Bar of Missouri
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Member, Product Liability Committee
- Member, Drug & Device Committee (New Member Orientation Subcommittee)
- Participates in drafting amicus briefs
- Student Mediation Coordinator for De La Salle Education Center
- "Mandatory Retirement for Missouri Judges, Gregory v. Ashcroft," 57 Mo. L. Rev. 553 (Spring 1992).
- "A New Standard for the Modification of Consent Decrees, Rufo v. Inmates of Suffolk County Jail," 57 Mo. L. Rev. 1391 (Fall 1992).
- Panel Member: “Effect of the First Amendment on Off-Label Marketing,” ABA Section of Litigation Pharmaceutical, Medical Device and Biotech Subcommittee of the Products Liability Committee - Regional CLE Workshop (October 2017).